[CMake] Finding MinGW compiler libraries?

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Sun Jul 27 13:51:37 EDT 2008

On Sun, Jul 27, 2008 at 11:58 AM, Bob Paddock wrote:
>>Make sure you build the "no debug" version of wxWidgets
>
> I built all four versions.  debug/release unicode/ansi.
>
>> > Fatal Error: Mismatch between the program and library build versions
>> > detected. The library used 2.8 (debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
>> > containers,compatible with 2.6),
>> >  and your program used 2.8 (no debug,ANSI,compiler with C++ ABI 1002,wx
>> > containers,compatible with 2.6).
>>
>> Make sure you build the "no debug"
>
> The no-debug version does link, doesn't run tho.  So now trying to
> get the debug version to link.
>
>> version of wxWidgets and then make
>> sure that you select the following:
>>
>> wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION == mswu (msw unicode non-debug)
>>
>> and
>>
>> wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG == TRUE
>
> Even if I do set that to 'on' in the GUI, when
> I hit "Configure" it has been switched to 'off'.
>
> wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION "mswd"
> wxWidgets_LIB_DIR "C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib"
> wxWidgets_ROOT_DIR "C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8"
> wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG "FALSE"
> wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE "wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND"

To set wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG to TRUE you need to set the
wxWidgets_CONFIGURATION to msw (not mswd) so that it can use msw and
mswd.

If you set it to mswd, then it tries to find mswd and mswdd... since
mswdd doesn't exist it resets wxWidgets_USE_REL_AND_DBG to FALSE.

I guess a little more documentation wouldn't hurt... feel free to lend
your experiences to the wiki ;)

--Miguel