[CMake] LAPACK-related CMake modules

Alin M Elena alin.elena at qub.ac.uk
Mon Jul 21 12:27:39 EDT 2008

Hi Bill,

> But, there are blas and lapack libraries that can be linked from c/c++
> right?
Of course. Mixing fortran and C is possible. That does not make it desirable.
If somebody wants to add support for that is my guest. I will not do it.
> Perhaps these modules should check to see if Fortran is enabled
> at the top, and error out if it is not.  I can fix the all module test.
I kept the test around  check_fortran_function_exists. That should fix the
problem.

> Working with --debug-trycompile does not solve anything.  It is sort of
> like a beginner c programmer that says that the printf statement fixes
> the segfault.  It is depending on a random act of luck to fix something
> that is actually broken.
Exactly I hoped that --debug_trycompile would give me more info about the try
compile command not that would solve the issue. Anyhow I examined the output
of trycompile and find out the problem.

I have improved a little bit the two modules.
I have attached them here for tests and comments before adding them to the
CVS.

Alin

 "...if the universities will not study useless subjects, who will?"
                           G. F. Fitzgerald, Nature, 45/46, 392 (1892)
Mr. Alin M. ELENA
Atomistic Simulation Centre
School of Mathematics and Physics
Queen's University Belfast