[CMake] generic Symbian gcce-toolchain file

Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com Frans.Fuerst at elektrobit.com
Mon Jul 21 03:52:19 EDT 2008

Hi Alex,

I've adapted your Symbian.cmake - I've appended the most recent Cmake output to this post.
The current corresponding toolchain/symbian.cmake files can be found here:
https://garage.ran-dom.org/public/mixer-frans/brandneu/cmake-toolchain_files/

CMake tells something about a bug - but I think I can remember I solved that problem (regarding "implib") already some time ago (but I'm not sure)..

Is this a known problem? When I search for it i can only find the Sourcecode that generates it :)

hth,

Frans

C:\project>del CMakeCache.txt
C:\project>cmake -D CMAKE_TOOLCHAIN_FILE="toolchain-symbian-9.2-fp1-gcce-arm.cmake" . --debug-trycompile --debug-output -Wdev
debug trycompile on
Running with debug output on.
-- Compiling for SYMBIAN 9.2 FP1 ARM-gcce
   Called from: [3]     C:/project/toolchain-symbian-9.2-fp1-gcce-arm.cmake
                [2]     C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeDetermineSystem.cmake
                [1]     C:/project/CMakeLists.txt
-- Compiling for SYMBIAN 9.2 FP1 ARM-gcce
   Called from: [3]     C:/project/toolchain-symbian-9.2-fp1-gcce-arm.cmake
                [2]     C:/project/CMakeFiles/CMakeSystem.cmake
                [1]     C:/project/CMakeLists.txt
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/CSL Arm Toolchain/bin/arm-none-symbianelf-gcc.exe
   Called from: [2]     C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
                [1]     C:/project/CMakeLists.txt
CMake Internal Error (please report a bug) in C:/project/CMakeFiles/CMakeTmp/CMakeLists.txt:
  implib set for platform that does not support DLL's for target:
  cmTryCompileExec

[...]

CMake Error: Internal CMake error, TryCompile generation of cmake failed
   Called from: [2]     C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
                [1]     C:/project/CMakeLists.txt
-- Check for working C compiler: C:/Program Files/CSL Arm Toolchain/bin/arm-none-symbianelf-gcc.exe -- broken
   Called from: [2]     C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
                [1]     C:/project/CMakeLists.txt
CMake Error at C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake:32 (MESSAGE):
  The C compiler "C:/Program Files/CSL Arm
  Toolchain/bin/arm-none-symbianelf-gcc.exe" is not able to compile a simple
  test program.

  It fails with the following output:

  CMake will not be able to correctly generate this project.
Call Stack (most recent call first):
  CMakeLists.txt:4 (PROJECT)

   Called from: [2]     C:/Program Files/CMake 2.6/share/cmake-2.6/Modules/CMakeTestCCompiler.cmake
                [1]     C:/project/CMakeLists.txt
-- Configuring done