[CMake] cmake distcc

Vandenbroucke Sander Sander.Vandenbroucke at vandewiele.com
Thu Jul 17 04:15:47 EDT 2008

Hi,

I'm using cmake 2.4 to build code for an embedded platform. To link
everything together I use static (.a) libraries.

For the sake of compiling speed I want to use distcc. I do it like this:

set CC=distcc nios2-elf-gcc

set CXX=distcc nios2-elf-g++

set DISTCC_HOSTS=pc710 localhost

cmake -G "MSYS Makefiles" ../

Yes, I'm working on windows. Using a cross-compiler build with mingw,
distcc is using cygwin.

Compiling is fine, distcc does it's job. Unfortunately my linker command
is messed up. CMake used to generate something like this: nios2-elf-g++
OBJECTS -lsystem ...

With distcc this changes to: nios2-elf-g++  OBJECTS -lsystem.lib ...
Ofcource there are no .lib libraries in my project...

What is going on here?