[CMake] Can I change the extension of a dll?

Georgios Petasis petasisg at yahoo.gr
Thu Jul 10 17:32:46 EDT 2008

Hi all,

I am trying to compile a python module with cmake. Unfortunately, in
python 2.5.2 they have decided that
C modules will use the extension .pyd, instead of .dll under windows.
So, I have to somehow rename
a dll during installation. I currenlty have code like:

INSTALL ( TARGETS ${PythonCDM_NAME_V}
      RUNTIME DESTINATION
            ${PKG_HOME_DIR}/CDM/Python/${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}/${PKG_OS_ARCH}
      LIBRARY DESTINATION
            ${PKG_HOME_DIR}/CDM/Python/${CMAKE_SYSTEM_NAME}/${PKG_OS_ARCH} )

as I don't want .lib to be installed. Is there a way I can rename the
dll to have a .pyd extension?

George