[CMake] How to find wxWidgets with cmake under Windows?

Bob Paddock bob.paddock at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 07:36:41 EDT 2008

On Sunday 06 July 2008 03:40:15 am Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:

> For unix and windows the CMakeLists.txt file
> should work transparently. It is just that it finds things
> differently. With windows it searches for it according to the standard
> places and finds each lib, etc. In unix (and in cygwin and msys also
> for that matter) it uses wx-config.

A wx-config.exe for Windows dose exist:

http://wxconfig.googlepages.com/

Few know of it, it seems.

> http://www.cmake.org/files/vCVS/cmake-2.7.20080706-win32-x86.exe

Installed that after uninstalling 2.6.  It has a lot more wx entries,
all of which say "NOTFOUND".

> I'm unsure where MinGW will build the libs, since I don't use it...

Download Mingw32 setup 5.1.4 and share the pain: :-)
http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=2435&package_id=240780

> C:/wxwidgets-2.8.8/lib/mingw_lib

'Build for: "MingGW Makefiles"'.

C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib

I got all of the Red entries to go away,
but it *still* tells me it can't find it.

Does this mater?:
wxWidgets_wxrc_EXECUTABLE-NOTFOUND
I see no sign that it was built when I built wxwidgets.

> If this is the case, then it won't find it automatically, but it will
> allow you to set wxWidgets_LIB_DIR to the correct path.

Looks reasonable at C:/wxWidgets-2.8.8/lib/gcc_lib .

> Remember to  empty the build directory and start over from scratch

Did that.