[CMake] Mixing C++ and Fortran

Honest Guvnor honestguvnor at googlemail.com
Tue Jan 29 12:13:08 EST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 3:33 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:

> Well, you are sort of stuck...

That is  surprising. The combination of C++ (GUI) and Fortran
(science/engineering number crunching) is going to be a common one and
I had assumed I was doing something wrong.

Is there no cmake variable for the fortran library I can add to the
list of what to link?

> You might be able to put the fortran stuff in a shared library and have
> the fortran runtime pulled in that way.

Perhaps but a number of tools/problems push us towards using static
libraries at least when developing.

>  You could write some fancy
> find_* fortran stuff using try-compile that finds out the fortran run
> time library.

If this is what is required has nobody done it years ago?