[CMake] EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL

Dawit Alemayehu dawit.alemayehu at guardiantechintl.com
Tue Jan 29 10:37:59 EST 2008

Hello,

I posted a question about the use of EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL directive in
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY a couple of days ago, but got no response ; so I thought I
give it a try again. I searched everywhere including the bug reports but i
could not find anything on this issue. The closest report I came across is is
this one:

http://www.vtk.org/Bug/view.php?id=5799.

What I am trying to do is prevent a directory from being built by default,
i.e. when one issues make all or make install. And as I understand it from
the documentation the intent of EXCLUDE_FROM_ALL parameter/directive in
ADD_SUBDIRECTORY is intended for just such purpose. However, no matter what I
tried I cannot prevent the subdirectory I specified with that directive from
being built by default. At least when I issue a "make install".

I am using cmake 2.4.7 and just for convenience here is a reference to the
CMakeLists.txt file from my previous post:

http://www.cmake.org/pipermail/cmake/2008-January/019515.html

--
Dawit Alemayehu
Software Development Team Lead

<< This electronic message transmission contains information from Guardian Technologies that may be proprietary, confidential and/or privileged.  The information is intended only for the use of the individual(s) or entity named above.  If you are not the intended recipient, be aware that any disclosure, copying or distribution or use of the contents of this information is strictly prohibited.  If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify the sender by replying to the address listed in the "From:" field. >>