[CMake] Including existing make files into cmake

Ali - saveez at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 29 08:18:34 EST 2008

Hi,

There is this existing big project which is based on autotools and I am trying to simply include the existing make files into my cmake project (don't even mention the possibility of converting the whole thing to cmake, this is the project owners problem). I was able to sucessfully implement this inclusion manually and this is what I mean by 'manually':

After generating the cmake output for a unix-like project, for the target of interest this file needs to be edited:

/CMakeFiles/[target].dir/build.make

The editing simply involves 2 modifications:

(1) Somewhere in this file the include line for the existing make file is added.

(2) Somewhere in the compile command all the flags from the existing make file, stored in one single variable $(EXISTING_MAKE_FLAGS), is added.

The above works fine, the only pain is that I have to edit the build.make file every time I re-run the cmake command. The question is, how can this be automated by cmake commands?

-Ali