[CMake] problem setting CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE and CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Jan 29 03:37:01 EST 2008

On Jan 29, 2008 12:26 AM, Yogesh Marwaha <yogeshm.007 at gmail.com> wrote:
> All I want is the ability to change default values for CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE and
> CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX, i.e. if the user configures with only cmake ..
>
> If the user want it, these options should be changeable by supplying
> -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE and -DCMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to cmake
>
> Can you help me now, please. ;)

The archives have tons on this.  Maybe too much.

I do recall that on MSVC the default CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE is Debug and
we're stuck with it.  Has to do with MSVC innards, many minds threw
energy at the problem, there was no known solution.  Unless the latest
greatest MSVC is doing something different.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every