[CMake] VS makefiles

Jesper Eskilson jesper at eskilson.se
Thu Jan 24 02:21:54 EST 2008

Steven Van Ingelgem wrote:
> Hi,
>

> I was wondering why there are no VS makefiles? (run like nmake -f project.mak).
>
> I know you could run them from the command prompt with something like
> "devenv ...", but that is not exactly the same ;-).

Are you just being curious, or do you have a concrete problem you can't
solve with devenv?

If you want something more lightweight than "devenv.com" (which actually
loads the entire VS IDE) you can try the "vcbuild" command which is kind
of "nmake" for .vcproj/.sln files, and much faster to start.

--
/Jesper