[CMake] FindBoost.cmake: please test

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 20 13:17:49 EST 2008

On 20.01.08 14:02:32, Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva wrote:
> I guess there has been some difficulties with the boost version
> number. My suggestion would be to use a directory that includes the
> version number and extract it from there (e.g., boost_include_dir -
> .../include/boost-X.YY). Then you could just have a find_path that
> looks for that dir, having a list of version numbers like:

We already do that, except that we simply require only listing the
version number in the variable if 1.33 to 1.34.1 is not enough. Also
I've never seen a boost installation that uses boost-z.xx.y, only z_xx_y
and the latter is definetly what boost itself uses.

The real problem is actually building up the "right" library names and
allowing the user to choose between
static/shared,thread/non-thread,debug/release builds.

Andreas

--
You will be married within a year, and divorced within two.