[CMake] FindBoost.cmake: please test

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sun Jan 20 06:04:33 EST 2008

On 20.01.08 11:15:33, Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Sonntag 20 Januar 2008 schrieb Andreas Pakulat:

> > > From what I see in that .cmake file, the assumed boost configuration on
> > > Windows in -g or -gd. However, I installed the precompiled binaries of
> > > boost and have -s and -sgd. Is there a proposed way of specifying that.
> > > Same for the other two boost options that may eventually be there.
> >
> > Also, where did you get those binary package from? Boost.org itself
> > doesn't have any binaries available as far as I can see?
>
> http://www.boost.org/more/getting_started/windows.html#get-boost (slightly
> wrong link in there) -> http://www.boost-consulting.com/products/free
>
> That installer offers several variations.

:( That means I can't really look at the stuff myself. However looking
at the original project files for boost it seems those binaries are not
exactly the same as would be built with the boost sources. The MSVC7
build files don't mention any "-s", only "-gd".

In fact on the msvc7 build only builds boost_<foo>.lib, except for
shared debug lib build, there its -vc71-mt-gd-<version>

Anyway, long story short: I'd appreciate patches from anybody who can
actually test on win32 with those binary packages as well as source
builds.

Andreas

--
You like to form new friendships and make new acquaintances.