[CMake] Using CPack to create multiple packages

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Thu Jan 17 13:46:24 EST 2008

On Thursday 17 January 2008, Eric Noulard wrote:
> 2008/1/16, Filipe Sousa <natros at gmail.com>:
> > Ted Berg wrote:
> > > Filipe Sousa wrote:
> > >
> > > I aplogize, my initial post wasn't terribly clear.  I'm currently
> > > generating, for example, the following packages:
> > >
> > > foo-sdk-1.0.0.zip
> > > foo-qa-tools-1.0.0.zip
> > > foo-killer-app-1.0.0.zip
> > >
> > > These packages have different content and are targeted at different
> > > users.  I initially thought I could duplicate this behavior using
> > > COMPONENTs in CMake's install command, but it's not behaving how I
> > > would like and I'm pretty sure that what I want is abusing the feature
> > > (at best).
>
> I am really interested in how you did emulate the feature using
> INSTALL / COMPONENT.

Yes, the COMPONENT argument has the purpose to be able to
create "subpackages", like foo-dev.tar.gz etc.

Instead of "make install" you can call cmake -P cmake_install.cmake, which
will do the same, or cmake -DCOMPONENT=Devel -P cmake_install.cmake to
install only that component.
But I am not quite sure how this currently integrates with cpack.

Bye
Alex