[CMake] Find*.cmake variable naming

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Jan 15 06:35:06 EST 2008

On 15.01.08 11:40:46, Andreas Schneider wrote:
> Andreas Pakulat wrote:

> >> For much better FindBoost.cmake module take a look at
> >>
> >> http://cmake-modules.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/Modules/Boost/FindBoost.cmake
> >
> > Cool, that looks like a good start. Did you already file a bugreport to
> > replace cmake cvs FindBoost.cmake with this one?
>
> I had CVS access, but I lost my login information. Nobody from kitware
> responds to my emails. So feel free to file a request.

Ok, will do so.

> > One thing I just noticed though is that the PATH_SUFFIX is not used
> > everywhere.
>
> It is only needed for the include directory or what do you mean?

Well, the same type of information is used in the library names, so IMHO
it makes sense to use that there as well.

Also I think supporting user-supplied suffixes for include dir and also
library name (debian ships about 4 different variations of each boost
lib: static/shared + mt/non-mt) would be a good idea.

I'll try to integrate your FindBoost.cmake into KDevelop4 tonight and
see wether I can add those options. Then I'll post the whole thing into
a bugreport.

Andreas

--
Today's weirdness is tomorrow's reason why.
		-- Hunter S. Thompson