[CMake] running FIND_PROGRAM twice

Miguel A. Figueroa-Villanueva miguelf at ieee.org
Mon Jan 14 18:55:59 EST 2008

On Jan 14, 2008 7:18 PM, Brandon Van Every wrote:
> I just filed bug http://cmake.org/Bug/view.php?id=6241 , "FindPerlLibs
> should use FindPerl".  My assumption is that if FIND_PROGRAM is run
> twice with the same output variable (in this case PERL_EXECUTABLE),
> the 2nd invocation will wipe out the value from the 1st invocation.
> Is that a correct assumption?

As I understand it, the second time will only execute if the first
attempt is failed. That is, FIND_PROGRAM(output_var ...) sets
output_var as a cache variable. If it is set to a XXX-NOTFOUND value
then the second time it is invoked it will search again. If it is
found the first time, then the second time it won't search for it
(since it is found).

This limitation has to do with not overiding values that the user sets
in the GUI.

Well, I hope that makes sense.

--Miguel