[CMake] cmake 2.4.8 RC 9

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 11:24:03 EST 2008

On Jan 3, 2008, at 11:20 AM, Bill Hoffman wrote:

> Karl Merkley wrote:
>> I was just testing the dmg install on a Mac G5 running Mac OS X
>> 10.4 .   I do find it a touch odd that if I choose a directory
>> ($dir)  for install that it places it in $dir/usr.   This means
>> that if I want to do an install into /usr/local I get a /usr/local/
>> usr/bin.   That doesn't seem quite right.    I haven't tried
>> bundling my own package yet.
>
> That will be fixed in 2.6 but the fixes for that are too large for
> the 2.4.8 branch.  But, the /usr/local thing is really sort of
> bad.  I will look into seeing if some "hack" can be put on the
> branch to get around this....
>
> -Bill

Bill, having worked with packagemaker before I believe this is a
simple fix. Who ever is packaging cmake should NOT use /usr as the
root, but pack the bin/ share/ loose in the package. That way when
someone selects /usr/local or even /usr the proper structure is built/
used.

--
Mike Jackson
imikejackson & gmail * com