[CMake] Fwd: Re: [Help-gsl] problems raised by GPL v3 in GNU GLS

Pablo De Napoli pdenapo at gmail.com
Thu Jan 3 06:43:58 EST 2008

I forgot to copy this to the List

----------  Mensaje reenviado  ----------

Asunto: Re: [Help-gsl] problems raised by GPL v3 in GNU GLS
Fecha: Thu 03 Jan 2008
De: Pablo De Napoli <pdenapo at gmail.com>
Para: "Ralph Silva" <xstatistics at gmail.com>

El Thu 03 Jan 2008 03:45:16 escribió:
> Hi,
>
> most free softwares with GPLv2 come with the following description:
> "...under GPLv2 or *any later version*".
>
> So, choose *any later version *as GPLv3.
>
> Cheers,
> Ralph.

Unfortunatelly, for the reasons that I've explained in my mail, things are not
that simple. There exists some projects that are available under GPL version
2 only and the change to GPL v3 or "GPL 2 on any later version" is not that
simple  since every copyright holder must give permisson and copyright might
be spread over a lot of people in some cases.
Don't you seee my point here?

Pablo