[CMake] Cmake 2.4.8 dependencies

pepone.onrez pepone.onrez at gmail.com
Wed Feb 20 13:30:52 EST 2008

Force us to depend in xml-rpc is a bad thing tm. I think most users never
needs this feature. But in the way that is used i'm force to install it in
any way. In a better design i don't need to pay for features i wan to use.

I think this kind of things must be added as extra modules for not bload the
CMake core package.

I think the use case of send Ctest data isn't  enough for justify this
dependency. A user can want to store send ctest data in a several ways and
xml-rpc is not specially better than the others.

The simple thing is using http directly with libcurl libwww or samenthing
smaller and more standard, better as optional module, that in the core.
Note that xml-rpc allready dependens on curl or libwww for the http part.
Also note that XML-RPC is far from be and efficiently network protocol.