[CMake] Why is FindOpenGL in Mac looking for OpenGL/gl.h??

Fernando Cacciola fernando.cacciola at gmail.com
Thu Aug 28 08:42:20 EDT 2008

Mike Jackson wrote:
> The header is located in a framework called OpenGL.framework and the include
> style for frameworks is the name of the framework (minus the extension) and
> then the header file, so on OS X the proper include would be:
> #include <OpenGL/gl.h>

But do you know for a fact that it is like so in the particular case of
gl.h??

I'm porting the existing and fully working custom build system of a
large project to cmake.
This project headers are (and have been for a long time) including
<GL/gl.h> *even* on the Mac, and the current build system is searching
for gl.h under GL, even for the Mac as well.

> Sometimes having your own "OpenGL.h" header with the following can help to
> alleviate these problems:

This is exactly what I suggested, but the users responded that gl.h IS
NOT under OpenGL but under GL.

In fact, they even asked me why on earth is cmake looking for it under
OpenGL instead of GL?

Keep in mind that this is a working project which builds and run
correctly via the old shell-based build system.. it is my cmake port
wich fails.

Best

Fernando Cacciola