[CMake] command line build and install on OSX

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Tue Aug 19 14:03:09 EDT 2008

Darren Weber wrote:

> I've got a cvs checkout of CMake-2-6-1.
>
> I created a build directory and configured first for a Qt GUI.  The
> build completed and installed into /usr/local/CMake 2.6-1.app/.  Then,
> to ensure this version is in the default Applications directory:
> sudo cp -rf /usr/local/CMake* /Applications/

When I build the release binary, I set the CMAKE_INSTALL_PREFIX to / on
the mac.   Then it will install into /Applications/CMake 2.6-1.app.
Then the symlink tool should work.  So, you should be able to boostrap
cmake like this:

mkdir Build
cd Build
../CMake/bootstrap --prefix=/
make

make install

or
make DESTDIR=tmp install
Then, you can copy the application bundle out of tmp.

-Bill