[CMake] CMake 2.6.1 available for download

Bill Hoffman bill.hoffman at kitware.com
Mon Aug 4 12:02:15 EDT 2008

Hendrik Sattler wrote:
> Am Montag, 4. August 2008 17:48:28 schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:
>> That was not really my main concern anyway, instead I am more
>> concerned with the patch done for debian people (admittedly I don"t
>> understand what they are trying to do):
>>
>> http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cmake/cmake_2.6.0-5.diff.gz
>
> The have
>   /lib
>   /lib32 -> /emul/ia32-linux/lib
>   /lib64 -> /lib
>
> So adding the /lib64 to the library search will gain nothing as everything is
> at /lib already. The /lib64 link is only a compatibility thing for other
> distros that interpret the FHS in strange ways...

But, does it hurt?   I don't see us moving that into the main tree with
the if 0 as the lib64 actually does do something on other machines.  I
guess we could have an if _DEBIAN_ or something like that.   Or maybe we
could check to see if /lib == /lib64 as other distros might do the same
thing.

-Bill