[CMake] CMake 2.6.1 available for download

Mathieu Malaterre mathieu.malaterre at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 11:48:28 EDT 2008

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 5:37 PM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Mathieu Malaterre wrote:
>
>> As a side note, linux user are second class citizen and AFAIK do not
>> get automated RC build, right ? win user are simply a click away of
>> trying RC.
>>
> No, I do a full build for each RC, all platforms that are done for the
> release are done for the RC's.

Never realized that. Please accept my apologies.

>> And AMD64 people (=me), are even third class citizen since they need
>> to actually build cmake, to get the C-module loading thingy working. I
>> am not even mentioning the special patch debian/people are applying to
>> cmake before releasing (the /lib64 handling namely).
>>
> Why do you need a 64 bit build?  Doesn't the 32 bit linux build work on 64
> bit?   The C-module loading thing should not be used by VTK anymore.

Yet-another reason to drop those old modules then :)
Alright we still have some legacy stuff over there.

That was not really my main concern anyway, instead I am more
concerned with the patch done for debian people (admittedly I don"t
understand what they are trying to do):

http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian/pool/main/c/cmake/cmake_2.6.0-5.diff.gz

+--- cmake-2.6.0-RC-8.orig/Source/cmFindLibraryCommand.cxx
++++ cmake-2.6.0-RC-8/Source/cmFindLibraryCommand.cxx
+@@ -162,6 +162,7 @@
+
+ void cmFindLibraryCommand::AddLib64Paths()
+ {
++#if 0 /* should not be done on Debian, just make it do nothing */
+   if(!this->Makefile->GetLocalGenerator()->GetGlobalGenerator()->
+      GetLanguageEnabled("C"))
+     {
+@@ -209,6 +210,7 @@
+     {