[CMake] generating VC projects

John Drescher drescherjm at gmail.com
Fri Aug 1 12:15:40 EDT 2008

> I have Cmake set up to generate project files for VC6. This works
> fine. The project can only be compiled with the VC6 compiler because
> of legacy code.
>
> What I am interested in is to know if it is possible to generate a VC
> 7,8,9 project using CMake, which will use the VC6 compiler ? Basically
> I want to use the more recent IDEs if possible ?
>
> Anyone have experience with this ?

I have used CMake 2.6  to generate VC6, VC2003 and VC2005 projects.
Use the CMake GUI to do this. You will probably have to delete your
CMakeCache.txt.

BTW, what I do is use CVS and have a separate sandbox for each
compiler. CMakeCache.txt or any generated files are not in the CVS
repository. This works well and I use the same code for 3 versions of
32 bit VC + 64 bit linux.

John