[CMake] Regular expressions

Pau Garcia i Quiles pgquiles at elpauer.org
Fri Nov 30 16:52:13 EST 2007

Hello,

I have an initial implementation of Perl-compatible regular
expressions (PCRE) against current CVS. It does not replace classic
regular expressions but co-exist with them.

I'm trying to make sense of current limitations and know if I should
keep them or I should get rid of them. For example, it looks like
STRING(MATCH ... ) stores the first ten matches (and only ten) in
CMAKE_MATCH_0 .. CMAKE_MATCH_9. Should I keep that or allow infinite
CMAKE_MATCH_number?

What are the current limitations you see in current regular
expressions in CMake? Send me your wishlist!

--
Pau Garcia i Quiles
http://www.elpauer.org