[CMake] Changing directory layout with Cpack ?

Eric Noulard eric.noulard at gmail.com
Fri Nov 30 10:31:59 EST 2007

2007/11/30, Stephen Collyer <scollyer at netspinner.co.uk>:
> Eric Noulard wrote:
>
> > Which CPack generator will you use?
> > NSIS, TGZ, ZIP, RPM, DEB ?
>
> I'm using NSIS, and at least one of TGZ, RPM, or DEB
>
> > Are you using CMake CVS or CMake 2.4.x ?
>
> Cmake 2.4.x - why ? Is the version in CVS better in this area ?

CMake CVS has more builtin CPack generator support.
at least for DEB and RPM whereas using CMake 2.4.x
you need additionnal CMake macros for doing
the same task.

It is not "fundamentally" better just easier to use
because you have it out-of-the-box after CMake install.

You may read more detailed information about this on the Wiki:
http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:CPackPackageGenerators

--
Erk