[CMake] cross compiling

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Fri Nov 30 03:36:14 EST 2007

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 29 Nov 2007 10:19:55 -0800
> Von: "Jesse Corrington" <jesse.corrington at gmail.com>
> An: a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
> CC: cmake at cmake.org
> Betreff: Re: [CMake] cross compiling

> The inf and mmp files are the build files for symbian. They are similar
> to a
> make file, but simpler and with a different sytax. These are what I need
> generate. Currently I am very confused as to where I will need to write
> the
> code/script to generate these files. I am hearing that I only need to
> write
> a new platform module file, is this true, or do I need to extend the cpp
> source with a new output generator, or whatever they are called. I
> should
> have no problem writting the cmake scripts and/or cpp code, but I really
> need some clarity on where I need to put everything. Thanks.

Ok, so for the inf and mmp files you would need a new generator. Depending on the properties of the inf/mmp files this can be quite some work.
Would it be ok to generate makefiles and use them from Eclipse ?
CMake cvs can also generate the eclipse project for the build tree.
For what are the inf and mmp files used exactly ?
Maybe you can derive a new generator from one of the existing makefile generators and create just simple inf/mmp files which contain enough information to make the Eclipse plugin work ?

Alex