[CMake] Re: CMake Digest, Vol 43, Issue 105

Félix C. Morency felix.morency at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 13:42:37 EST 2007

Hendrik,

I know that the current generators aren't portable.

What I'm talking about is I think it would be a good idea to have one (and
only one) installer generator that supports multiple platforms in order to:

1) Support only one installation program
2) Use the same installation syntax for every platform within CMake

Although using native system installer isn't a bad idea, it could be nice to
support cross-platform installers. Anyway, I found this idea on the CMake
bug/feature tracker. It is not from me.

Regards,
Félix C. Morency