[CMake] CMake with Lua Experiment

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Nov 28 11:41:32 EST 2007

On Nov 28, 2007 9:39 AM, Mike Jackson <imikejackson at gmail.com> wrote:
> Ya know, if we took all the energy and time that has gone into
> debating this issue and instead focused it on CMake dev we might
> solve some problems a bit quicker.

Not really.  In terms of my personal energy, it was absolutely trivial
to entertain this discussion so far.  And as far as I'm concerned,
such discussions are important before just leaping off in some
direction that's expensive to pursue.  But if you're ready to "just do
something," by all means do it.  There's a CMake lexical scoping
paradigm just waiting to be implemented that we already had a long
discussion about.  I'm not talking about that because as far as I'm
concerned, we already said what needed to be said.  I do think Pau's
idea about using a few special characters to distinguish variable name
scope has merit, but I will let others debate the pros and cons of it.

Frankly, I see it as a race between the supposed ease of improving the
CMake language, and the demonstrated ease of slapping Lua into it.
With provisios about whether we really want straight Lua; at present I
don't, so I'm inclined towards more work.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every