[CMake] CMake with Lua Experiment

George Neill georgen at neillnet.com
Wed Nov 28 00:56:46 EST 2007

Hi CMakers!

Being relatively new to CMake (3 months now), this whole LUA discussion
seems very odd ... (so please accept an apology for my ignorance in advance)

> An additional thought is to export global constants (variables), so we
> > can basically create keywords. So instead of:
> > cm_add_library( "simpleLib", "STATIC", sources)
> > we could drop the quotes around STATIC:
> > cm_add_library( "simpleLib", STATIC, sources)

Maybe I am missing the obvious, but I am trying to understand -why- this
list is talking about replacing the current CMake language.  As it seems
everyone is trying to retrofit the would be "new" language to be just like
the current language.

I do understand the want (need?) to retain backwards compatibility, but a
fork-lift replacment of the current language sounds like a bad idea; if that
is indeed the goal.

Thanks,
George.