[CMake] CMake with Lua Experiment

Ken Martin ken.martin at kitware.com
Tue Nov 27 10:51:49 EST 2007

> - The source code seems to have been crappified by windows.  There's
> missing +x permissions on executable files and cr-lf
> linefeeds everywhere.

Yup, just a quick zip of what is on my disc which is windows hence the CR/LF
etc.

> - The source does:
> #include <lua.h>
> but the bootstrap/cmakelists.xt does not search for paths to
> it.  Under
> my Ubuntu box, lua.h is located in lua5.1/lua.h or lua5.0/lua.h, not
> under the main /usr/include.

Yeh. My bad. I either need to remove it from the bootstrap or support it in
the bootstrap then that error should go away. For the regular cmake build
(aka post bootstrap/windows) it is in the tree so it is easy.

> - The approach of a single cmCommand.cxx to parse functions
> is probably
> limiting as it makes it harder to make the command syntax
> more flexible.

The LuaFunction is an ivar and can be overridden in subclasses. This is how
I made get_property a function that returns a value. See cmGetProperty.cxx
for an example of this.

Thanks
Ken