[CMake] CMake with Lua Experiment

Gonzalo Garramuño ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar
Tue Nov 27 00:42:22 EST 2007

Ken Martin wrote:
> Just heading down this path as an experiment to get a better feel for
> it. Posted a snapshot of the source code on the Wiki
> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Experiments_With_Lua The biggest issues
> I see are 1) keeping two languages around sounds like more work and who
> needs more work  2) variables in lua are not variables in CMake and vice
> versa. The cm_configure_file command only configures cmake variables,
> this could be a good thing in one sense :)

Hey, Ken.  Some comments:

- The source code seems to have been crappified by windows.  There's
missing +x permissions on executable files and cr-lf linefeeds everywhere.

- The source does:
#include <lua.h>
but the bootstrap/cmakelists.xt does not search for paths to it.  Under
my Ubuntu box, lua.h is located in lua5.1/lua.h or lua5.0/lua.h, not
under the main /usr/include.

- Code is really amazingly tiny.  There's obviously some very good hooks
in cmake that can be used to do this easily.

- The approach of a single cmCommand.cxx to parse functions is probably
limiting as it makes it harder to make the command syntax more flexible.

Anyway... I'll play around with this a little bit when I have some time.

--
Gonzalo Garramuño
ggarra at advancedsl.com.ar

AMD4400 - ASUS48N-E