[CMake] CMake with Lua Experiment

Juan Sanchez Juan.Sanchez at amd.com
Mon Nov 26 16:02:19 EST 2007

Brandon Van Every wrote:
> On Nov 26, 2007 1:18 PM, Ken Martin <ken.martin at kitware.com> wrote:
>>
>> Just heading down this path as an experiment to get a better feel for it.
>> Posted a snapshot of the source code on the Wiki
>> http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake:Experiments_With_Lua The biggest issues I
>> see are 1) keeping two languages around sounds like more work and who needs
>> more work  2) variables in lua are not variables in CMake and vice versa.
>> The cm_configure_file command only configures cmake variables, this could be
>> a good thing in one sense :)
>
> I noticed the "unpack" command.
>
> sources = {
>   "simpleLib.cxx",
>   "simpleCLib.c",
>   "simpleWe.cpp"
> }
>
> cm_add_library ("simpleLib", "STATIC", unpack(sources));
>
> Would this be necessary / paradigmatic in Lua?  In CMake I just use lists.

That is why I was trying to propose Tcl.  Then there would be no
parenthesis, quotation marks, commas, or semicolons.  Of course people
might not like the square brackets and the $ symbols.

cm_add_library simpleLib STATIC $sources

I am more than happy with lua if it leads to a more formal language.

Juan