[CMake] Can't set EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ?

Convey Christian J NPRI ConveyCJ at Npt.NUWC.Navy.Mil
Sat Nov 24 15:52:23 EST 2007

Hi guys,

I'm using CMake 2.4-7 on Ubuntu Linux 7.10.  I have a trivial CMakeLists.txt
file in which I'm just trying to specify where my build programs will go.
(This is a distilled version of a larger, actually useful CMakeLists.txt
file.):

PROJECT(IVP_LOCAL)
SET(EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH ${IVP_LOCAL_SOURCE_DIR}/bin)
MESSAGE("EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH = " ${EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH})

My problem is this:  When I run cmake, I get the following output, which is
what I was hoping for:

-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc
-- Check for working C compiler: /usr/bin/gcc -- works
-- Check size of void*
-- Check size of void* - done
EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH = /home/cjc/moos-ivp-local/trunk/src/bin
-- Configuring done
-- Generating done
-- Build files have been written to: /home/cjc/moos-ivp-local/trunk/src

But then when I run "ccmake ./", the variable EXECUTABLE_OUTPUT_PATH appears
to be unset!

Does anyone know why I might be seeing this?

Thanks,
Christian

Christian Convey
Scientist, Naval Undersea Warfare Centers
Newport, RI