[CMake] VS2005 emitter and /vmg compiler option: bug?

Theodore Omtzigt theo at stillwater-sc.com
Fri Nov 23 11:59:55 EST 2007

For SystemC, code needs to be compiled with the /vmg compiler option of the
VS compilers. However, when I use CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG to set this option,
it changes the run-time bindings from DLL to static. This causes grief with
the rest of the libraries which are all be default compiled with the DLL
bindings.

When I try to force the run-time as follows:

set( CMAKE_CXX_FLAGS_DEBUG /vmg /MDd)

The compiler command line adds a ";" to the /vmg and thus changes the switch
to a meaningless string for VS and I am back to non-compiling code due to
the /vmg being missing.

How do I fix this problem?

Theo