[CMake] Using gmake with windows CL compiler?

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Fri Nov 23 09:06:16 EST 2007

On Nov 22, 2007, at 8:48 AM, Jesper Eskilson wrote:

> Bill Hoffman wrote:
>>

>>> You can also use the GNU make included here:
>>> http://unxutils.sourceforge.net/
>>> This is really just a (small) set of unix tools running natively
>>> under
>>> Windows, using native Windows paths, etc. IMO this is the easiest
>>> way
>>> to get GNU make for Windows.
>>>
>>> Don't use the GNU make for Windows at steve.org.uk, this is an
>>> old and
>>> buggy version (although it is the first result on google).
>>>
>> I do this all the time, and use this make:
>> http://www.cmake.org/files/cygwin/make.exe
>>
>> Just replace the cygwin make with the above and it all works. It is
>> actually CVS gnu make with a change that allows the path stuff to
>> work.
>
> Just to be complete, there is a nice make installer made available by
> the GnuWin32 project: http://gnuwin32.sourceforge.net.
>
> --
> /Jesper

And just to be more complete.. what all (cygwin, mingw, msys) do I
need to install to get this to work? I would like to be able to use
Eclipse CDT with an cmake generated nmake or makefiles but I am
coming up short so far. The problem is that I have my "build"
directory inside my project directory and  there seems no way to tell
nmake to move into that directory first, then run nmake.
    Using make this is straight forward.. make -C [build folder]
Any ways this would help solve some issues I was having with Windows
XP over the last week.

Mike Jackson