[CMake] QtDialog isn't installed?

Alexander Neundorf a.neundorf-work at gmx.net
Tue Nov 20 19:13:12 EST 2007

On Wednesday 21 November 2007, Bill Hoffman wrote:
> What we plan to do is use a pure BSD license, and remove the extra line
> that is currently in the CMake license.  That way there is no trouble.

Sounds good :-)

> With the qt exception, you can link all you want, you just can not develop.

This is confusing for me. Isn't linking (at build time) the executable to the
library the act which makes the executable a derived work from the library ?
As long as it is not linked together, i.e. as long as it just exists in source
form, I see two points:
(1) GPL mainly says what happens if you get a binary: then you have the right
to get the sources for the binary (which will then be GPL)
(2) the app sources itself are not linked to Qt, so they are no derived work

This is my (simplified) understanding of the GPL, where do I get things
wrong ?

Alex