[CMake] QtDialog isn't installed?

clinton at elemtech.com clinton at elemtech.com
Tue Nov 20 11:52:11 EST 2007

> > People can change it all they want, it just won't get accepted upstream.
> >    I don't want to be forced to accept a license that I don't agree
> > with.  BTW, qt itself has the same sort of license.  Trolltech does not
> > accept changes from the community other than small bug fixes.  This is
> > so they can maintain the dual license that they have.  I don't think
> > there are linux distros that have stopped distribution of Qt are there?
>
> Stopping distribution of Qt isn't the issue.  Stopping distribution of
> semi-proprietary apps that use a Qt commercial license is the issue.
> I'm looking around to see if there have been any flaps over this.
> Meanwhile, here's their license overview.
> http://trolltech.com/products/qt/licenses/licensing

Its not a semi-proprietary app.

The use of Qt with a commercial license allows the license holder to license
they code they develop with any license they choose.
The code in CMake/Source/QtDialog/ says it has a BSD license.

Using open source Qt (GPL) means the code developed is GPL as well.

Seems to me its just an extra step to give greater freedom than the GPL gives.
There is no open source license that gives the freedom of forcing changes
upstream :)

Clint