[CMake] QtDialog isn't installed?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 11:18:54 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 8:36 AM, Bill Hoffman <bill.hoffman at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hendrik Sattler wrote:
>
> >> Anyway, the GPL stuff still stands.
> >
> > Why don't you make the Qt dialog source GPL, then?
> > With those restrictions, some Linux distributions will either strip the
> > Qt dialog from the source or move whole cmake to an unofficial
> > repository. Allowing everyone to change the source code (and distribute
> > the result) is greatly preferred.
> >

> People can change it all they want, it just won't get accepted upstream.
>    I don't want to be forced to accept a license that I don't agree
> with.  BTW, qt itself has the same sort of license.  Trolltech does not
> accept changes from the community other than small bug fixes.  This is
> so they can maintain the dual license that they have.  I don't think
> there are linux distros that have stopped distribution of Qt are there?

Stopping distribution of Qt isn't the issue.  Stopping distribution of
semi-proprietary apps that use a Qt commercial license is the issue.
I'm looking around to see if there have been any flaps over this.
Meanwhile, here's their license overview.
http://trolltech.com/products/qt/licenses/licensing

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every