[CMake] Win32: unable to find Curl library with FIND_LIBRARY

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 10:23:02 EST 2007

On Nov 20, 2007 8:57 AM, Stephen Collyer <scollyer at netspinner.co.uk> wrote:

> It seems that FIND_LIBRARY does indeed look for a .lib file, and
> although one was present, it was called libcurl_imp.lib - I hadn't
> noticed the _imp before, and renaming it to libcurl.lib, together
> with the CMAKE_LIBRARY_PATH change, fixes the problem.

You know, looking through that rather large number of unofficial
binary packages for curl on Windows, I have to say their release
process is just goofy.  Maybe they'd counter that there isn't one as
far as binaries on Windows go, and they're not responsible for what
individuals do.  But it strikes me as being pretty dumb.  Maybe you
should get on the curl mailing lists and see if you can wrangle some
consistency out of them.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every