[CMake] Win32: unable to find Curl library with FIND_LIBRARY

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Tue Nov 20 07:20:41 EST 2007

I'm modifying FindCURL.cmake to match my local Win32 installation
of a development tree for Curl, which is installed as follows:

c:\Program Files\curl\libcurl.dll
c:\Program Files\curl\include\curl\curl.h

I've managed to find the include directory by changing the
code as follows:

FIND_PATH(CURL_INCLUDE_DIR NAMES curl/curl.h curl/include/curl/curl.h)

The final path matches the layout and CURL_INCLUDE_DIR is set.
However, I can't get FIND_LIBRARY to find the libcurl.dll file.
The original code was:

FIND_LIBRARY(CURL_LIBRARY NAMES curl)

which failed. I was assuming that it wasn't looking for libcurl
so I changed it to:

FIND_LIBRARY(CURL_LIBRARY NAMES curl libcurl)

which also failed.

I then wondered if it was failing to look in the curl dir
at all so I've currently got:

FIND_LIBRARY(CURL_LIBRARY NAMES curl libcurl PATHS curl
"$ENV{ProgramFiles}/curl)

and that fails too. I'm now pretty much out of ideas. Any
got any suggestions ?

Is it possible to get any verbose o/p from cmake when it runs
these searches ? It would give me some idea of what it was trying
to do behind the scenes.

--
Regards

Steve Collyer