[CMake] Add search paths for FIND_PACKAGE ?

David Cole david.cole at kitware.com
Mon Nov 19 13:34:21 EST 2007

What is wrong with explicitly specifying the non-standard locations up front
so that FIND_PACKAGE has nothing to do?
In other words, prime all the relevant cache variables with the non-standard
locations.

There are many Find* scripts in the CMake Modules directory. I think it
would be difficult to make a blanket recommendation concerning all of them
that would be true 100% of the time with FIND_PACKAGE.

Are there specific packages you are having difficulty with?