[CMake] User defined variable not propagating into subdirs

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 13:47:35 EST 2007

Bill Hoffman wrote:

> I think there is some issue with giving cache values without types from
> the command line cmake, this maybe the problem you are seeing.  I think
> this is fixed in CVS CMake.

It's just occurred to me that it may be the same build/clean/build
problem/feature that I see when I run the ALL_BUILD targets. It's
possible that the .lib was not being built for precisely the same
reason, and that the LIB_TYPE var. was in fact propagating correctly
but with an empty value. It'll have to wait till Monday before I
can test it. If I'm right, then it's a red herring.

--
Regards

Steve Collyer
Netspinner Ltd