[CMake] User defined variable not propagating into subdirs

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Fri Nov 16 10:31:15 EST 2007

David Cole wrote:
> A clean build approach is *always required* on Windows when switching
> between building shared and static libraries because the __declspec export
> stuff gets built into every single .obj file referencing any header with
> such decorations in it.

Right. I'm *really* glad to read that, as I was coming to the
conclusion that I was screwing something up badly. So when changing
any "configuration" aspect of a cmake tree, it's important to clean
then build in a Windows environment, to make sure there isn't the
odd binary lying around built against the previous config.

However, it doesn't quite explain what I was seeing, as I had been
rmdir'ing the whole Windows build tree, and rerunning cmake. Surely
that should build correctly the first time ?

--
Regards

Steve Collyer
Netspinner Ltd