[CMake] CPack on Win32: "cannot find sutable ZIP program"

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Thu Nov 15 06:28:40 EST 2007

David Cole wrote:

> If you install the WinZip command line tools, CPack will find that and
> additionally make a zip file of the "make install" tree in addition to
> building the NSIS installer.

Right. I suspected it was something like that. Maybe the error message
could be a bit more verbose, though.

> According to this thread:
> http://public.kitware.com/pipermail/cmake/2007-June/014690.html the 7-Zip
> zip program should also work if you are using CVS CMake. (The 7-Zip support
> is not in CMake 2.4.x)

I can live without zip support so I'll just switch it off as you
suggested.

The whole cmake workflow, up to cpack, is incredibly impressive,
and adding NSIS into it in a JustWorks(tm) fashion is too good
to be true. When do I wake up ?

--
Regards

Steve Collyer