[CMake] Cmake path separators - Unix/Windows ?

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 17:53:16 EST 2007

It's not clear to me how Cmake handle / and \ path separators.
Some of the Find modules have explicit Windows style paths
interspersed with Unix style paths, whereas others have Unix
style paths only. I can't find anything in the man page or
wiki that refers to this. I'm guessing that:

a) relative paths are handled correctly on both Unix and Windows
platforms, and are automatically used on both platforms e.g.

foo/bar

is used relative to some appropriate Cmake variable on both
Windows and Unix

b) absolute paths are used only on the platform to which they
are native e.g.

/foo/bar is Unix only
c:\foo\bar is Windows only

Is that right ?