[CMake] Use of <project>_EXE_NAME, <project>_LIB_NAME ?

Brandon Van Every bvanevery at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 14:21:42 EST 2007

On Nov 14, 2007 2:10 PM, Stephen Collyer <scollyer at netspinner.co.uk> wrote:

> 1. Am I correct in assuming that names of this form are
> treated specially somehow ?

No, you are mistaken.  It is a common naming convention and nothing more.

> 2. How do thise names relate to executables and libraries
> added via ADD_EXECUTABLE and ADD_LIBRARY ?

All target names must be uniquely named.  This is a common way to
disambiguate executables and libraries that have the same root.  The
executable and library OUTPUT_NAME can be the same, you can use
SET_TARGET_PROPERTIES to make them identical.  But the target names
must be unique.

Cheers,
Brandon Van Every