[CMake] CMake Book ?

Andreas Schneider mail at cynapses.org
Wed Nov 14 06:47:50 EST 2007

Stephen Collyer wrote:
> Pau Garcia i Quiles wrote:
>> Quoting Stephen Collyer <scollyer at netspinner.co.uk>:
>>
>>> I'm finding the information in the wiki too scattered to
>>> find out what I need to know about cmake easily, but the
>>> cmake book no longer seems to be available. Anyone know
>>> where I can get hold of one ? Or does someone have one that
>>> they want to get rid of ?
>> Hey, good to see you here :-)
>
> Yes, it didn't take long for the Qt people to talk me
> into the joys of cmake. It looks very nice. Apart from
> the docs :-(
>
>> I guess they are preparing a new edition of the book.
>
> Yes, they are. Unfortunately, I want one now not in 3
> months, and the current version seems to be out of print.

Hi,

all you need is the manpage, the wiki entry with the useful cmake variables
[1] and a small projects which shows you how to works with cmake [2]. And
maybe you should know that there is an IRC channel #cmake on freenode :)

The manpage and the wiki link was enough for me to get started.

	-- andreas

[1] http://www.cmake.org/Wiki/CMake_Useful_Variables
[2] svn://svn.linux-gamers.net/lomoco/trunk

--
http://www.cynapses.org/ - cybernetic synapses