[CMake] Performing cross-platform build - how ?

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Wed Nov 14 06:02:56 EST 2007

Alexander Neundorf wrote:

>> 5. On my Windows box, I cd into build/src, and I type the
>> same(ish) commands, to have a build made under build/win32.
>
> Yes. But that depends what you want to use for building: MSVC, cl+nmake,
> mingw, ...

Right. By default cmake seems to produce a .sln file and
a set of projects. Presumably some switch makes it produce
something suitable for nmake ?

>> 6. (Now things get very fuzzy ..) I run some command
>> (make install, I guess) which moves my deliverable binaries
>> into the install/linux and install/win32 trees, based
>> upon some CMakeList.txt configuration I did earlier to
>> pick out the stuff I want to deliver
>
> Yes, it's the install target.

I guess I need to add some specific install related code
to the CMakeLists.txt files to get that target ?

>> 7. (Things get even fuzzier ..) I run some commands to
>> package stuff up from the install trees into .tgz, .rpm
>> etc using CPack. I have no idea at the moment how this works.
>
> Build the "packages" target, that should do it.

And similarly for the packages target ? It's not there
either.

--
Regards

Steve Collyer