[CMake] Automatic dependency scanner of CMake 2.4.7

groton at gmx.net groton at gmx.net
Sun Nov 11 05:38:47 EST 2007

Hello,

I am using CMake version 2.4-patch 7 on Linux/Debian, and I noticed that
a the automatic dependency scanner of CMake does add a dependency on the
file bar.cpp upon the file foo.h when it encounters a the following
commented out preprocessor command inside the bar.cpp file:

/*
#include "foo.h"
*/

So if I modified the foo.h file contetn, on the next compilation it will
recompile also the bar.cpp file, although that would really not be
necessary. To circumvent this problem I have simply
put a backslash inside the included file name (i.e. #include "\foo.h")
to fool the CMake dependecy scanner. Is this a know problem? Should
this problem be issued on the tracker? What do you think?

Greetings,
Luca